YOUR FIRST VISIT
For your initial assessment, we ask that you arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete all required paperwork. In doing so, this will allow your therapist to devote the full session time to thoroughly assess, discuss, examine and treat your area(s) of concern.
Your first appointment can be broken down into two phases: the assessment and treatment. During the assessment, you and the therapist will review the history of your injury, your past medical history which is important for ensuring your safety during treatment sessions. The therapist will then assess the area of concern. By the end of the session the therapist will provide you with a diagnosis, determine a prognosis, provide education on the condition and recommend a home program to facilitate your rehabilitation. During the treatment phase of the session, your goals will be discussed and treatment will be provided to jump start your recovery.
We ask our patients to wear un-restrictive clothing to allow for access to the area of injury. We recommend shorts and t-shirt/tank top.
WE ALSO ASK YOU TO BRING THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW:
- A completed client intake package. A downloadable PDF link is available in below
- Alternatively, please arrive 10-15 minutes before your first appointment to complete the forms in-clinic.
- Any relevant test/imaging reports or medical documentation that may be helpful to your treatment.
- Your extended health benefits card to allow for direct billing to your insurer (optional).
- If your condition is related to a work injury or a motor vehicle accident, please provide your case manager’s name and contact information, claim number and extended health carrier information.