WHAT IS NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE?
Naturopathic medicine is a complementary holistic approach to medicine that promotes wellness by identifying the unique aspects of each patient. It uses science based therapies by employing non-toxic and non invasive natural therapies to restore the patients’ physiological, psychological, and structural balance. A Naturopathic Doctor can support all your health and wellness goals. Health management approaches can include detoxification and diet therapy, stress and fatigue reduction, weight management, prenatal, postnatal and pediatric support and support in aging gracefully.
WHAT IS A NATUROPATHIC DOCTOR(ND)?
Naturopathic Doctors use holisitc therapies to help you improve your health by working with your bodies own powers of self-regulation and self-healing. Treatment modalities include clinical nutrition, homeopathy, herbal medicine, acupuncture, lifestyle counseling, and Bowen therapy.
WHAT TRAINING DO NATUROPATHS HAVE?
Naturopathic practitioners have a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND) degree from a four-year graduate from medical college at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. The ND degree requires graduate-level study in conventional medical sciences, as well as having extensive coursework in natural therapeutics.
WHAT ARE NATUROPATHIC PRINCIPLES?
- First Do No Harm (Primum non nocere): Your ND will choose remedies and therapies that are safe and effective to increase your health and decrease harmful side effects.
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis medicatrix naturae): Your ND focuses on restoring and supporting the powerful and inherent healing abilities of your body, mind, and spirit and to prevent further disease from occurring.
- Identify and Treat the Cause (Tolle causam): The primary goal of your ND is to determine and treat the underlying cause of disease.
- Treat the Whole Person: Your ND takes into account not only your physical symptoms, but also mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, spiritual and other factors.
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere): Your ND will help understand health and illness to empower you to be able to maintain your own health.
- Disease Prevention and Health Promotion: Your ND applies all of the above principles with the goal of disease prevention and health promotion.
WHAT AILMENTS IS NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE USED FOR?
Safe and effective treatments are applied to address concerns such as:
- Arthritis and Chronic pain
- Anxiety and Depression
- Cardiovascular Health
- Digestive disorders
- Chronic fatigue
- Skin conditions and hair loss
- Thyroid Support
- Pre/Post-natal and Pediatic Support
- Hormone balancing
- Menopause concerns
SERVICES ND’S PROVIDE:
When your energy flow, or Qi (pronounced “chi”) is out of balance, your body cannot adapt to stress, making it more likely to develop chronic illness and pain. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) relieves these imbalances by adjusting the circulation of Qi. Sterile fine acupuncture needles are inserted and manipulated into median lines/ acupuncture points. Benefits include but not excluded to:
- Balances hormones and improves fertility by up to 40%
- Decreased joint and back pain
- Decreased headaches and migraines
FACIAL REJUVENATION ACUPUNCTURE:
This therapy involves non-surgical method of reducing the signs of the aging process by 5-15yrs. It can help the whole body look and feel younger by decreasing deep wrinkles, fine lines, bags under the eyes, sagging, puffiness, drooping eyelids, double chin, large pores, dry skin and much more.
Benefits of Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture:
- Increase in collagen production
- Reduce wrinkles, furrows and fine lines
- Improve hormonal acne and rosacea
- Lift sagging skin and tighten pores
- Decrease dark circles and drooping eyelids
Gentle hands-on healing work that balances the nervous and muscular system.
This technique should be considered for:
- Neck and Back pain including sciatica
- Digestive and bowel problems including IBS
- Headaches, earaches and migraines
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Infertility and hormonal irregularities
- Respiratory problems and hay fever
- Sports and accident injuries
- Anxiety and emotional well being
Helps to identify deficient and excess states in the body in order to promote health and prevent disease. A healthy diet–consisting of the right balance of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, anti-oxidants, fibre and amino acids–is the most important tool for your body to manage stress and prevent and recover from illness. Diet and therapeutic vitamins and minerals are prescribed for specific conditions that have been validated by scientific research.
This is a natural, nontoxic therapeutic system of healing that assists in the inherent ability of the body to heal itself. Homeopathic medicines or “remedies” use minute amounts of plant, mineral or animal substances to stimulate a person’s innate healing ability and to strengthen the entire system. Natural substances prescribed to stimulate the body’s innate healing response.
Plants and plant extracts proven effective through centuries of use and backed up by research. Health concerns addressed include:
- Hormone Balancing
- Menopause, Osteoporosis, PMS, Menstrual Cramps
- Infertility, Prenatal & Postnatal Concerns
- Digestive Disorders: Bloating, Constipation, IBS, Colitis
- Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia
- Skin Conditions and Hair Loss
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Allergies, Asthma, Environmental Sensitivities
- Weight Management
- Pain Management
- Wellness Promotion and Disease Prevention